Top Tips for Buyers
- Hire a trusted real estate professional to guide you through the home-buying process.
- Know your market and do your research.
- Identify the area where you would like to purchase a home. Study the school system and neighborhoods.
- Be realistic.
- Know what you can afford and how much of a mortgage you would qualify for by getting a mortgage pre-approval letter or having proof of funds documents ready if you are submitting a cash offer.
- Your real estate agent can refer you to a reputable real estate attorney, inspector and mortgage broker and/or banker.
Top Tips for Sellers
- Hire a trusted real-estate agent to guide you through the home-selling process.
- Empty rooms of any clutter, personal items and extra furniture to show your home in its best light.
- Paint Using Light colors (white and light gray) to make the rooms look larger.
- Hire a Staging Professional.
- Price, Location and Condition - these are the key factors that will determine how quickly your house sells.
- Make necessary repairs to your home to minimize any concerns that may come up during an inspection.